function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rowan  ChristmasRowan Christmas 

Should I use SLDSX?

Hello!

So in going through the Trailhead modules SLDSX (https://github.com/ForceDotComLabs/sldsx) was referenced. This seems like a great way to reduce code written for a new Lighting Component. 

However, it seems like it's not being actively developed. Is this something that Salesforce is promoting for use? Or is there a similar libary of component that I should look at?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Andy Boettcher
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Force Labs is a moniker that Salesforce uses to push out quick little apps, but they are not officially supported nor expected to be maintained actively.  They've released some really cool things over the years, but you should approach them as a starting point for your own development.

All Answers

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Force Labs is a moniker that Salesforce uses to push out quick little apps, but they are not officially supported nor expected to be maintained actively.  They've released some really cool things over the years, but you should approach them as a starting point for your own development.
This was selected as the best answer
That's sort of what I figured. I just found it odd that it was referenced from the Trailhead (implying more support than perhaps is warranted).

Thanks for the response!
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
Check out the full Lightning Design System website - http://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/
I've been thoroughly immersed in the Design System, and overall think it's great. However, the SLDSX project seems to really hit the sweet spot in making the Design System implementable. The super verbose nature of the CSS class structure makes me very uncomfortable from a code maintenance standpoint. Having re-usable component libraries help this problem by allowing for more abstraction.