function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92 

Object Creation

Hi All,
Can we use one object in two applications?

Arpit Jain
Best Answer chosen by Arpit Jain92
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Yes. Applications in Salesforce are really loose collections of tabs and objects. As long as the user accessing the app has access to the sobject (license and sharing) they will be able to use it in the app, regardless of whether it is custom or standard.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You can. The account object, for example, is used in a wide variety of applications on the Salesforce platform. 
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92
Hi Bob,

Can we use custom object too?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Yes. Applications in Salesforce are really loose collections of tabs and objects. As long as the user accessing the app has access to the sobject (license and sharing) they will be able to use it in the app, regardless of whether it is custom or standard.
This was selected as the best answer
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92
Ok...How we know in how many application an object is used?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I don't think there's a way to do that - the object could be accessed via a Visualforce tab in an application, in which case the only way to find out that it is being used would be by examining the code.
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92
Ok...So that means if we have multiple objects and application in an org then this will be very difficult for us to find which object is associated with which application.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
It will be difficult to guarantee that, yes. In practice whoever is developing the application should keep track of the objects in use.
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92
Ok..Thanx Bob.
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92
Why a custom is not deleted that was in relationship?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I don't understand that question I'm afraid. 
Arpit Jain92Arpit Jain92

First I created a Master-Detail relationship b/w two objects then I remove this relationship and try to delete detail object but I can't.