function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srinivas Gudise 4Srinivas Gudise 4 

Email alert workflow is not working for group email when we give the recipient type as Email Field.

Hello,

I have created a workflow for email alert and given reciepeient as Email Field. I have custome Email type field in the object. When ever I have entered group email id as NAM_USA_dl-IntegrationTeam@neo.com in the custom filed but workflow is not working for the group email.

Note : When I enter my email id or individual email id its working as expected.

Can any of you please suggest me how can we fix this issue?

Thanks,

Srinivas G
pconpcon
If you look at the outbound email logs, does an email get sent to that address?  I know that some mail servers do not allow mail from outside hosts to be sent to group mailing lists.  If you see that the email does get sent in the outbound email logs, you may want to contact your email administrator to see if they have any sort of rules in place.  If they do, they may be able to relax the rule for that specific email address or work something out for you.
Frank Chang - OFrank Chang - O
I'm running into this exact issue.  Workflow emails, for some reason, are not being delivered to google group based email addresses. I am able to see in the developer console log that the workflow fires and the email is sent.  However, when I logged into the google groups, no such email.  Does anyone have any idea as to why?  Not sure if this is a Salesforce issue or Google.....
pconpcon
If it's in your logs, it's probably a Google issue.  If you are dealing with a Google Group email address you will want to make sure that the org wide email address that it is being sent from is whitelisted.  You may also want to check the pending mails for your group.