function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vince Jason SolizaVince Jason Soliza 

Invoke Salesforce API with SSL

I'm using mulesoft when integrating with salesforce, I created a rest service in mulesoft that consumes my salesforce api.
I used salesforce connector to get sessionId and the authorization is via JWT OAuth2. 
The service is working fine until I added SSL, throws me this error: 
1. unable to find valid certification path to requested target (sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException)
   sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder:145 (null)
 2. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target (sun.security.validator.ValidatorException)
   sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator:387 (null)
 3. sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target (javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException)
   sun.security.ssl.Alerts:192 (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLHandshakeException.html)
I'm using self signed certificate in my local machine, can I make it work without having CA signed certificate?

Thanks

pconpcon
What endpoint are you using to connect to the Salesforce?  Is it a production URL or is it for a Sandbox?
IdanieIdanie
Hey ...
Did you find an anwer?
It happened to me today that I cannot use eclipse IDE to production and get above errors... Sandbox works well...
So strange ...

Any ideas?
I've tried installing the sfdc cer to the jre bin folder w no luck ...

Many thanks
pconpcon
Idan: Can you please provide the full error you are getting as well as what pod your production instance is on?  Also, are you using a custom domain for your org?
IdanieIdanie
Hi pcon - 

1. emea.salesforce.com.
2. No cust domain.
3. Unable to fetch organization details for 'username' // unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
4. Eclipse Mars // Force Ide 35

Will love a direction to solve this ...

Cheers,