function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Reda BenhemmoucheReda Benhemmouche 

Enable to validate badges for: Quick Start Heroku Connect

Hi,

I successfully configure heroku connect. i also deploy the application(NodeJs) on heroku.
but when i try to validate the bagde : "Provision the Heroku Connect Add-on" and "Change and Redeploy the Application"

When i click "Verify step", i get the following error:
User-added image

Did you know what kind of verifications the Trailhead does to validate these two steps ?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Reda Benhemmouche
Thank you Pcon for you answer.

I check in "Connected Apps OAuth usage", and i  identify that name of heroku app is "Heroku Connect EU".
I check my application region in heroku, i see that it's in EUROPE.

So i guess that the TrailHead check the presence of "Heroku Connect" and not "Heroku Connect EU"

Here is the steps to do to change the region of heroku app:
  1. I migrate my heroku app to US region (by doing a FORK in the heroku repository please see : https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/app-migration)
  2. I authorize and re-configure heroku connect
User-added image

And now every thing it's ok, i validate the whole exercice :-)

I think in TrailHead exercice they will mention that you have to select the United state region, otherwise you can't validate the exercice.

Thanks

All Answers

pconpcon
I believe that it looks at the connected apps that should show up after you authenticate inside of Heroku. When you go into the Heroku connect settings in Heroku do you see the information about your org and your schema?  Also, you're not in a namedspace org are you?
Thank you Pcon for you answer.

I check in "Connected Apps OAuth usage", and i  identify that name of heroku app is "Heroku Connect EU".
I check my application region in heroku, i see that it's in EUROPE.

So i guess that the TrailHead check the presence of "Heroku Connect" and not "Heroku Connect EU"

Here is the steps to do to change the region of heroku app:
  1. I migrate my heroku app to US region (by doing a FORK in the heroku repository please see : https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/app-migration)
  2. I authorize and re-configure heroku connect
User-added image

And now every thing it's ok, i validate the whole exercice :-)

I think in TrailHead exercice they will mention that you have to select the United state region, otherwise you can't validate the exercice.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
Jonathan BoulterJonathan Boulter
Thank you - this has solved the issue for me as well