function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santi DiezSanti Diez 

Launch flow system mode without process builder

Hi all,

I have an autolaunched flow that a Partner Community User triggers from a button (I first needed to create a visualforce and a custom controller in order to give the user access to the flow).  Problem is, that the flow launches in user mode... I've read that system mode can be enforced by launching the flow from a process builder, so I was wondering whether something similar could be achieved from the custom controller, but I haven't found any info out there.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Santi DiezSanti Diez
Salesforce official support (thanks Aditi) might be.. creating a custom button which calls the process which calls the flow (http://automationchampion.com/2015/04/21/getting-started-with-process-builder-part-21-running-a-flow-in-system-mode/).

Tough following this path... doesn't fulfill our whole requirementes, because we wanted the user to land back to the new record created by the flow. The only way to do that seemed to be through a VF and a custom controller to set the finishLocation attribute, but doing this way enforces the user mode for the flow =(
Andrew W ChangAndrew W Chang
I am actually on the same path with you but struggling to find a way to run flow in system mode for community users. Have you found a solution? 
Santi DiezSanti Diez
Hi, you can try creating a "helper" checkbox custom field (for this only purpose) that triggers the process builder when the user modifies it. You can also hide the field from the user's view and create a custom JavaScript buttom that does the check, it will depend on your use case.
Francois GregoryFrancois Gregory
I was looking for a different solution, but the most straightforward way I've dealt with this is to create an invocable apex class and pass the update to the class. (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.216.0.salesforce_vpm_guide.meta/salesforce_vpm_guide/vpm_designer_elements_apex.htm)