function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chriscwharrischriscwharris 

Rollup Formula Field

I have 2 custom objects that form a Parent /Child relationship. The parent is a work order and the child are logs. The logs have a time and cost based on the rate of the person doing the work so the rate is not universal.

I created a formula field on the child that works out the cost (time x rate) but I can't rollup this cost on to the parent. I can rollup the time which is simply a number field but since the rate is not universal I can't calculate the cost at the parent level.

What's the best approach?
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi,

Please let us know have you created Master-Detail relation or Lookup. Becaue roll-up is exist in Master-detail relationship.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/adg_relationships_roll_up_sum_fields_try_it_out.htm

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera
chriscwharrischriscwharris
Hi,

Yes, the Parent is the Master of the Child. The problem is that the total cost on the child is "forumla" field. The parent does not seem to be able to rollup a "formula" field from the child. I have other rollups that work fine because they are simply number fields.

Thanks