function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rachel BRachel B 

Data Integration - how to find sources

I'm an admin to a new org and the previous admin didn't leave much documentation on the current setup. I know there are data integrations that are feeding data into the org, specifically creating new accounts, but I am not able to track down A) the source of the data integration; B) the username being used to feed data; C) where the data integration is from; and D) the mapping of the data integrations.

Is there a way to find all the data integrations for my instance? I've reviewed the login history and I'm not seeing anything telling there.

Thanks!
buyan thyagarajanbuyan thyagarajan
Hi Rachel,
 I understand your pain. Here are some things you can do to track this down.
1. Find out which user has API access. To do this, you need to go to login history tracking and see which users access salesforce from outside. This can provide you the user who has the api access to login from your external application.
2. Once you find the api only user, you can run a report which tells which application updates the data.
3. Go to network access and see which ip addresses are allowed within your salesforce org. This can provide you a clue from where the application is accessing and then you can talk to your network team to identify the application.
If you still need help, you can send me an email to buyan@eigenx.com and i can see if i can help you out..
Buyan