function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VamsiVamsi 

Reporting Issue with filter using date values

Hi,

Is their any way to modify the filter for date values to select for a value based on date field and not using the calendar
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi Vamshi,

Definitely. When you are customizing your report filters you should see at the top 'Date Field' which defaults to 'As of Date' and then you can set the range to the right. The 'Date Field' dropdown can be changed to a standard/custom date field from the object(s) you're building the report on.
VamsiVamsi
Hi Scott,

Sorry If I have confused with my above question.Acyually I have a requirement where I need to retreive the list of cases associated with a account that are opened greater than the particular case closed date. So is their any way to full fill this requirement.

Thanks in advance........!!!!!

scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi Vamshi,

I think I understand now. I'm not sure you can create that filter from within the reports screen directly, but what you can do is create a new custom formula checkbox field on the Case object that is true for the criteria you mentioned above and false otherwise. Then, within your report you can use that formula field as your filter and only return cases where it is equal to true.
VamsiVamsi
Hi Scott,

But I am unable to retreive the cases associateed to a account (irrespective of its record type ) that are opened after a particular case closed date of record type XYZ. I have created 2 formulas as below

first formula(field name Test return type date time)
if (recordtypeid = 'xyz' , closeddate,null)

second formula (Test2 return type check box )
if(created date >= Test, true, false)

Can you please let me know is their anyway to acheive this requirement.

scottbcovertscottbcovert
Hi Vamshi,

Not sure if I understand-your report isn't returning cases of a particular record type? If that is the case I would double-check security and permission settings for the profiles to be sure they have access to said record type.