function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pam LeonardPam Leonard 

Dashboard challenge issue

I'm on the "Visualizing Your Data" unit and I got down to the challenge which I believe I completed correctly but I get this error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
One or more of the following is incomplete in the Dashboard: no component uses the 'Cases by Status' report as a source report, your component does not have a 'Cases by Status' header, and/or your component does not have a 'New vs Closed' title.

I've checked this five or six times and have created the dashboard twice.  Not sure how to progress from here.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Best Answer chosen by Pam Leonard
pconpcon
You can move on to the next challenge / module without any issue.  You just won't get the entire module completion.  I would try to create a new DE org and try to generate the report/dashboard again [1].  You can have as many DE orgs as you need and have your work done in those orgs and have your trailhead bages in a seperate org.

[1] https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000005JciIAE

All Answers

pconpcon
Can you provide a screenshot of your report and your dashboard?
Pam LeonardPam Leonard
User-added image
Dashboard

User-added image
User-added image
Shows where I saved them

pconpcon
I would try moving the Cases Dashboard out of your Personal Dashboards and into the public folder.  Not sure if that would make the difference or not.
Pam LeonardPam Leonard
I just tried moving this to the only other dashboard folder "Salesforce Adoption Dashboards" and the challenge still did not work.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Do you know if I can move to the next training activity if I cannot get past this challenge?
pconpcon
You can move on to the next challenge / module without any issue.  You just won't get the entire module completion.  I would try to create a new DE org and try to generate the report/dashboard again [1].  You can have as many DE orgs as you need and have your work done in those orgs and have your trailhead bages in a seperate org.

[1] https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000005JciIAE
This was selected as the best answer
Pam LeonardPam Leonard
Creating the new DE org worked.  Thank you so much for your help.
Dani SchmitzDani Schmitz

Having the same problem with this exact same challenge. I'm pretty sure I got it all right, but I get the same error message as posted above.

Is there really no other solution than having to create another DE.org? 

pconpcon
It's probably not the only solution, but it's certiainly the fastest.  I find myself generating a new sandbox every couple of trailhead modules to to keep things clean.
Pam LeonardPam Leonard
It's the only solution that worked for me. Of course, once I got through successfully, I stopped trying.
Torbjörn Umegård 4Torbjörn Umegård 4
User-added image

I put header on dashboard instead of piechart. When like image above, it was OK.
Anthony Santiago 9Anthony Santiago 9
I am having issues here, but when I try to "save and run" the dashboard, it requires me to login, but does not accept my login credentials. 
Amber RavenscroftAmber Ravenscroft
I had this exact same issue because I put a period after my vs. - as soon as I removed that it accepted my work.
Marco Pollastri 1Marco Pollastri 1
I have resolved the issue creating another Developper edition account and doing the same report and dashborad.
shivam sharma 44shivam sharma 44
Hi,

Well No Need to create an another Developer edition. Just switch to classic salesforce platform and delete the old dashboard and create a new.
You will get option for header as well as title. 
There is no option for Header in Lightining platform hence we all faced this Error.

This solved mine, Hope same will be help you too.
Eric BurtéEric Burté
Hello,

The best solution I have found (after having unsuccessfully created 3 DE) was to :
  1. Go to my personal settings > Personal > Language & Timezone,
  2. Then switch my language to English and save.
  3. and after, only validate my challenge again... and then it worked !
Darcey Paziuk 13Darcey Paziuk 13
Thank you Shivam Sharma.  I deleted my component and readded the pie chart in Classic.  In fact, in lightning, the pie was not available.  I did not need to create a new DE.  Cheers, Darcey
Marcos SalasMarcos Salas
I kept getting the 'cases by status component' issue. I literally deleted both the report and the chart, recreated them the exact same way only changing the fact that I added a '1' to the names and viola, it worked. I had 3 new and 23 closed showing in my pie chart just like 'Pam Leonard' has above, which is the same way as before, even after refreshing it didn't work for me, but like i said, just created a new one with the name ' Cases by Status 1' and 'Cases Dashboard 1' and it worked. Hopefully this helps!