function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoom_VZoom_V 

Questions regarding tables in a VisualForce page

I need to create what would essentially be a 15 column / 5 row table in a VisualForce page with individual fields and labels in the cells. Some of the rows would be headers, and some of the columns would be field labels. The individual fields within the cells would be input fields. 

What is the best way to approach this ? I'm looking into block tables (?) but most of the online documentation I'm finding is regarding tables which are being populated with lists produced by queries. I don't want lists. I only want fields to be in each of the cells, just like a spreadsheet. 

Thank you for any input.
Best Answer chosen by Zoom_V
Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5
Sounds like you would just need to do a regular HTML table then where you can determine what content goes into each indivual cell.  The various visualforce tables are all made to loop through a list of records.

All Answers

Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5
Sounds like you would just need to do a regular HTML table then where you can determine what content goes into each indivual cell.  The various visualforce tables are all made to loop through a list of records.
This was selected as the best answer
Zoom_VZoom_V

I'm guessing you're right. I guess it's nothing complicated, but it is something that seems like it would be nice if there was a simple VF component to plug in and use. Sounds like something that should be one of the new Lightning Components which can be dragged and dropped. 

Thanks Mathew.