function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amrik DasAmrik Das 

How to upload images that are in the local storage of computer using Data Loader?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You have to build a CSV file that includes the format of the image and the location on your local disk.

There's instructions on how to do this at:

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hNxYAAU
Amrik DasAmrik Das

Hi.
The link you shared is to add images to the attachments.

But I wanna add them straight to the rich text field. How to do that? 
Though I'm able to add images from the internet, but not local images that are in my Laptop

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You didn't mention rich text fields, otherwise the answer would have been different :)

I don't think you can do that in one go, as the rich text editor has its own mechanism for inserting images. You may be able to upload the images as attachments/content and then link to those in the rich text field, but I haven't been down that route myself.
Amrik DasAmrik Das

I've been able to upload images straight to the Rich Text Field.
But the images that I could successfully upload where those from the internet and not the ones from the local folder.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
That's because the image links were pointing externally to Salesforce. If you add a local image using the Rich Text Editor it will upload that to a particular place and then insert the image link HTML. Through the data loader you can't populate a rich text field and upload an image as they are operations on two different sobjects.
Amrik DasAmrik Das

Can yu Please suggest a mechanism by which I can upload images to richtext fields in a salesforce object?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I can't - as I said earlier, I think you'll have to upload the images, then get the URLs for them, then upload the rich text fields with the new URLs. If you upload the images as static resources you should be able to do this.
Bryan MacoyBryan Macoy
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000320965&type=1&mode=1