function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nick zhangnick zhang 

How can I set up SSO to log into Salesforce Communities from my web application

I have a web application where users log in using their username and password. I have created a Salesforce Community for the users to ask questions, share topics and articles.
As we use the CRM of salesforce, the user data have been synced into salesforce before.
I want to add a link in the application. After the users log into the web application, they will find a link in the page, if they click it, they will be logged into the community.
I have looked through some salesforce documentations on SAML SSO. But I did not find anyting that suits my requirement. I don't have an identity provider server. I just want the web application to be a provider in a sense. I found that I can send SAML assertion to salesforce. But in this way, seems I have to generate the XML and encrypt it by manual. I'm not clear what should I do then.

Can anyone give some detailed instructions on this?
pconpcon
What you are trying to do is a bit out of scope for what the boards will help you.  I would recommend that you reach out to a consulting company that can help you either setup and configure an identity provider or can help you generate and send your own SAML assertions.