function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David Williams 18David Williams 18 

InResponseTo issue using Identity Connect

We've rolled out Identity Connect for out domain successfully and everything has been working just fine.  Now, all of a sudden at random times, people will authenticate but then get a "
Your login attempt using single sign-on with an identity provider certificate has failed. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator for more information"

Going in to SAML Validator I see the following error:  "
InResponseTo must be empty for Idp-init Browser POST Profile"

Under Miscellaneous format confirmations.  When a user gets that, I can log in as them on a different PC with no issue, and sometimes they need to hit back in browser and it authenticate and goes to landing page.  It's becoming more frequent and I've not been able to find anything to help.  Any thoughts?

scottbcovertscottbcovert

David,

Check out this post where Rich R was facing a similar problem: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000009B0mIAE

Try looking into Pat Patterson's solution and see if that helps.

Best,
Scott

David Williams 18David Williams 18
I found that already and that is not what we are seeing. The timestamp is OK and the org is matching. Only Point #6 is giving the ‘InresponseTo’ error and not all the time. David Williams Network Engineer | Market Strategies International D 734.779.6878 | M 734.578.6107 | F 734.542.7620 david.williams@marketstrategies.com Connect with us: marketstrategies.com | freshmr.com Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn ISO 20252 Certified
scottbcovertscottbcovert
Mmm, strange. Though it looks like you might be running into a different problem than the OP from that thread Pat Patterson is still very knowledgeable about all things SSO; I'd try sending him a tweet with a link to this thread (Sorry Pat! :-P)