function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez 

Community Access from Sandbox Suddenly Broek

I'm experiencing a strange problem that cropped up yesterday morning.  I am suddenly getting a 'page not found' error when trying to access my community in my sandbox org.  I have not changed any of the custom URL settings in weeks and was accessing and using the sandbox community the very night before without issue.

Sandbox: https://sandbox-hirebotics.cs51.force.com/ (<-- page not found error)

Production:  https://robots.hirebotics.com (<-- works fine)

After three phone calls / go-to-meetings with salesforce support they can't figure out what's going on.  Their latest guess is that my product custom URL in sandbox (which is copied into sandbox upon a refresh, which I haven't done in a week) is set to "in development".  But they can't tell me why that's a problem now nor how to change that, assuming that's the problem.  They suggested I post here.  See below.
Custom URL in Sandbox

Now, I also tried spinning out another developers sandbox from my working production org and I'm seeing the exact same problem accessing the login page hosted from this new dev org.

Note that the error page below is being served from my org as the email us link connects to my email address.
Community Error Page

Also, both my sandbox and dev sandbox are hosted on CS51, if that's relevant.

Any idea what's going on?  

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
If you go to that URL, it auto-redirects to https://sandbox-hirebotics.cs51.force.com/s/ (note the added /s/).  Do you have some sort of redirect or default page set up on that site that is doing that?
Just checked your Prod link and it does the same thing - the /s/ - and it works.  Keep on support, something broke on their end.  =)
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
Andy - Yep...... same thing in production.  It's an artifact of the new Community themes.  

Interestingly, if I switch the sandbox community to the standard 'Tabs + Visualforce' (ie, no theme other than standard salesforce look and feel) the pages serve up just fine.  When I switch back to the new Napili theme, it breaks again.
Did you do any customization to the Napili theme at all?
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
Yes, working on some custom lightning components for the community.

Production is working fine.  I even spun out a dev org based off production and that dev org is broken like my regular sandbox.
Hmmm - kicker is I haven't done lightning against the Napili theme yet.  Thoughts...some sort of hardcoded URL?  (dumb question, but hey...)
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
No dumb questions at this point!  But no hard coded things.  

The sandbox should bring you to a standard community builder login page based on salesforce's new templates (no customizations other than the logo like you see on the production link).  
Yeah - that seems like something just *broke* somewhere.  So if you cut that new sandbox - without any customizations to Napili is it still broken?
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
The dev sandbox I cut is based of my production org, which has some customizations to the Napili theme but they work in production.  So, the fresh dev sandbox wasn't tweaked at all after I cut it from sandbox, and it's broke like my regular sandbox.  Both sandboxes are on CS51.  Is it possible that this is limited to CS51 (or some subset of instances)?

What I've seen is if I have an issue with a lightning component, I get an error in the component portion of the page (but my template header is still present).  In this case, it looks like it can't find the template pages to serve up.
Yeah, I agree with you on this one - it looks as if the template itself may be broken on at least your pod, especially when you can turn it off and the community works as "normal".

Can you pull those customizations all the way out and see if the "naked" Napili theme works at all in the sandbox?

(Keep on support's rear on this one - don't let them do the pass-the-buck shuffle)
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
In my dev sandbox, I confirmed that my lightning component is not in the theme and the login page is set to the default login page (not the one with our logo).  Same problem.
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
I got a lot of attention from salesforce support and R&D folks this week.  Definitely a bug.  They think it may have been something related to sandbox refresh.  They got me fixed up.  Asked that if it happens again to re-open the case.
BTheForceBTheForce
For anyone who's still looking for an answer, this is how I resolved it.

The reason why you encounter this issue in the developer sandbox is probably because you may have community pages that are not published yet in the sandbox.

1. Go to Commuity Management. The "Community Home" should be pointing to a "Community Builder Page" like in Production. That may not be the case in your developer sandbox and it might be pointing to the "Default page".
2. Go to the Site.com Studio (you'll find the link to it in the same page in step 1)
Community Home Page
3. Locate the Site Pages and Publish them.
User-added image

4. Try loggin in as the community user now and you should be able to successfully land on the Community home page in the developer sandbox.
stmfaizanstmfaizan
Thanks a lot @BTheForce 
Adams CarrollAdams Carroll
That worked for me @BTheForce
Nikolay MitjulNikolay Mitjul
Greetings people.
Similar issue happened with me today.

I can not get in to any of our Experiences by getting error
 User-added image
Above Suggestions not work.
I can`t open builder.
If try to open Workspaces, getting this:
User-added image 
Any sudgestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Amol waghAmol wagh
@Nikolay Mitjul Did you found solution for this? I am also facing same issue for my customer portal.
Ori Ezra 16Ori Ezra 16
Also facing this issue from this morning
Following
pkulkarnipkulkarni
User-added image

I am also facing this issue. Anyone has any clue?
Esti Lock 10Esti Lock 10

I am also facing this issue. 
Luke HarrisonLuke Harrison

Hello, I am also facing this issue when trying to access our customer portal this morning 

Trying to access Workspaces - 

Trying to access Workspaces

Trying to access the Builder

Trying to access the builder

Any ideas what is happening?

naveen singh 42naveen singh 42

We are also facing the same issue and Salesforce has the following updates on this - https://status.salesforce.com/generalmessages/1156

Let me know whenever you guys get it running.

Naveen Singh

Salesforce Architiect

www.apaccloud.com

Varun Singh 132Varun Singh 132

Hello all 

The same issue we faced today morning because it is from the salesforce side we can't do anything, You can check your instance 

setup > company information > instance >my(AP15)

go to 'Trust Status' salesforce and check the instance server. It is ongoing so please wait for it.

User-added image

Pathik Shah 13Pathik Shah 13

Hello All,

Please follow the below steps to resolve this.

First, retrieve your site data from production. 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
        <members>YOUR_SITE_API_NAME</members>
        <name>SiteDotCom</name>
    </types>
<version>57.0</version>
</Package>

After opening your Site Builder page. It will show the below screen.
User-added image

Then upload your SITE file that retrieves from step-1. After this Publish the site changes. It will resolve the Issues.

Regards,
Pathik Shah

Pathik Shah 13 thank you for your reply.

I have tried to deploy package.xml to sandbox, but receive error "ExperienceBundle Metadata API doesn't support the template of YOUR_SITE_API_NAME". May be you ment something else and there is another way to "First, retrieve your site data from production. " ?
I use VS code for development. 

Thank you
Also, notification says that we need to import it if community was created before winter 14, " if your sandbox was created before the Winter '14 release. If that applies to your sandbox, then you'll need to import your site" In my case community was created in 20ies.
One more interesting thing, It is possible to open Builder for Experience sites in "inactive" status.

Hi Nikolay

Yes, it will open Builder for Experience sites in "inactive" status. See below the Screenshot site Builder open inactive status. User-added imageUser-added image

Sara Zenelaj 14Sara Zenelaj 14
I am facing same issues , when I try to log In digital experience site. User-added image
Hi all please check the latest update from the salesforce side for the Experience sites issue
User-added image
Saurabh Rawat 14Saurabh Rawat 14
Hi @Varun SIngh, Please keep us posted on the new updates from salesforce

Hi 

Latest update from the salesforce side for the Experience sites issue.

User-added image

Hi all 

please check the latest update from the salesforce side for the Experience sites issue. 

Correction: We initially communicated this issue to be a service disruption. However,
after further impacted analysis and reviewing additional diagnostic logs we noted this
to be a feature disruption. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
The Technology team has confirmed that rolling back to older versions of the release
is not bringing the affected instances out of impact. The Release management team
is working on deploying the latest version through an emergency release to the entire
fleet of affected sandbox instances.
We'll provide an update in 30 minutes or sooner if additional information becomes
available.
User-added image

Yogesh Malbhage 18Yogesh Malbhage 18
@varun Singh Thanks. Please keep us posted

Hi 
please check the latest update from the salesforce side for the Experience sites issue. 
almost salseforce team close to fix that issue see post

Yogesh Malbhage 18Yogesh Malbhage 18
Any new update?

One correction

Correction: Customers on instance AP18 may have been notified of this issue in error. This instance has been removed from future postings. One of the test instances has shown positive results and resolved the experience builder issue. Engineers are moving ahead with a fix forward to update the remaining affected instances to the latest version. This will trigger a sandbox issue and the team is aware of this move forward. A fix for the Sandbox refresh issue is being prepared and will be deployed after testing. We’ll provide an update in 60 minutes or sooner if additional information becomes available.

You may follow updates here - https://status.salesforce.com/incidents/11370
Andres Quintero 11Andres Quintero 11
Any estimates on when Instance CS243 may be resolved, or if it is even in the radar of the team?
Hi all please check your side it is working now Experience site issue. They fixed that issuesUser-added image
odtnodtn

Facing the same same issue.Please let me know when the problem has been resolved.

Bikash Shrestha

Developer

OutdoorTravel News (https://outdoortravelnews.com/)

knowbout peopleknowbout people
Experiencing unexpected issues with community access from Sandbox? Stay informed and engaged while the glitch is being resolved. Technical hiccups happen, but the community's resilience shines through. Let's stay patient and supportive, fostering connections even when things break momentarily.
https://knowaboutpeople.com/