function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PhyoPinePhyoPine 

Anuglar JS + Ionic In Developer Mode

I was following trailhead Visualforce Mobile module with Angular + Ionic for IonicConacts pages as mentioned in tutorial. I couldn't make the page to display. After very long while I figured out when I checked Developer Mode in my setting, the contents didn't display but when I turn it off, the contacts displayed.

Is that some kind of a bug or am I missing something? Is it possible to use Ionic + Angular while Developer mode is on?
Best Answer chosen by PhyoPine
James LoghryJames Loghry
The developer mode button injects some additional javascript into the DOM and can cause some other javascript to not work correctly.  I suspect that's what you were seeing. I only use the developer mode to trace stuff like the view state size if I'm running into issues with that. Instead of using the Salesfore / Visualforce developer mode, I would use the developer console built into your browser if you need to debug specific javascript functionality instead.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
The developer mode button injects some additional javascript into the DOM and can cause some other javascript to not work correctly.  I suspect that's what you were seeing. I only use the developer mode to trace stuff like the view state size if I'm running into issues with that. Instead of using the Salesfore / Visualforce developer mode, I would use the developer console built into your browser if you need to debug specific javascript functionality instead.
This was selected as the best answer
PhyoPinePhyoPine
Thanks, James. That's what I was afraid of as well.

For future trailheaders trying out Ionic demos, turn off developer mode while doing the exercise and that will save you lots of time :-)