function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erik StroutErik Strout 

Trying to share a dashboard component to the Chatter feed - no dashboard components menu.

Hello,

I'm working on the "Reports & Dashboards" > "Sharing and Notifications" module of the admin beginner trail.  I'm stuck at this step because the hover menu they reference isn't available:  "Hover over a component to display the Hover menu icon for dashboard components menu."

I did go to Reports and Dashboard Settings and select the "Enable Dashboard Component Snapshots" checkbox, and clicked Save.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Erik
Best Answer chosen by Erik Strout
pconpcon
So you also need to enable feed tracking for dashboards.  I was able to reproduce your issue and when you add feed tracking for dashboards it fixes it.

User-added image

All Answers

pconpcon
Can you provide a screenshot of the component you created?  Also, you do have Feed Tracking enabled for reports?
Erik StroutErik Strout
Feed tracking is enabled for reports.  Here are a couple screenshots.  Thanks!
User-added image
User-added image
pconpcon
So you also need to enable feed tracking for dashboards.  I was able to reproduce your issue and when you add feed tracking for dashboards it fixes it.

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Erik StroutErik Strout
Thanks pcon - that did it.
Hemanth DesirajuHemanth Desiraju
Thanks PCON, Got it. 
Patricia WoodsPatricia Woods
I am stuggling. When I search Settings for Feed Tracking, all I get is fields that I want to track. I enabled the fields for Opportunities, but I do not get the opportunity to select reports or Dashboards. I have gone to Reports and Dashboard Settings and selected the "Enable Dashboard Component Snapshots" checkbox, and clicked Save, but nothing so far makes the icon show up.
Jonathan Pierce 4Jonathan Pierce 4
Thanks PCON, this has been a pain as I wasted a good 30 minutes trying to figure this out. The Trailhead tutorial did not explain this at all which is frustrating to say the least as it seems to be a fairly important part of the process!! Salesforce leaving out some relevant info seems to be a norm for me in my Salesforce experience :P

Patricia - if you follow PCON's message above you should be good to go.
Vivek VijayanVivek Vijayan
@pcon, your suggestion of enabling feed tracking worked like a charm. 

Taylor BraithwaiteTaylor Braithwaite
I did the enabling feed tracking and I still can't. I followed the steps in the Trailhead to the T.
Andrew Orser 1Andrew Orser 1
I've been having this issue as well.  Feed tracking is enabled for both dashboards and reports.  Still no hover menu icon for dashboard components menu and the "Enable Dashboard Component Snapshots" checkbox is selected too.
You must be in Salesforce Classic. You do not get to do this in Lighting.
Also if you are doing the Trailhead, you need to start all over in Salesforce Classic for Trailhead to register that you did the Challenge.
Vivek VijayanVivek Vijayan
Thanks. Vivek
Frank Salinas 12Frank Salinas 12
Wow, thanks for the tip about enabling Dashboard feed tracking. Wouldn't have quessed that. 1 hour wasted trying to finish this badge. 
Tejas KashyapTejas Kashyap
In addition to enabling Feed Tracking, pick the click on the dashboard field, and select "Enable Feed Tracking" specifically for dashboards. User-added image
Parikhit SarkarParikhit Sarkar
Thanks @pcon , Enabling feed tracking for Dashboards solved this issue. This is a vital piece of information that is missing from the Trailhead module. Thanks again mate!