function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeet PadhyaJeet Padhya 

Person With Client User profile unable to approve Staff's User's Request : HEL:P

Hi all,

I have created an approval process in Remedyforce. I have created two dummy users- One with a Client profile and one with a Staff profile. Now, i have configured a workflow that send's the Staff Users's Request for approval to the client. But, when i login from the client account to approve the request, i get an error - "Insufficient Priveliges"

Can anyone help me understand as to why this is happening? and how do i resolve it?

PS: I already tried giving the client the same permission sets as the staff : Including the ServiceDesk Staff permission set!
Best Answer chosen by Jeet Padhya
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
There are two main areas to check when you are trying to get visibility to a record:

Object/Field access:  In the profile, ensure that you have access to the object as well as the fields in the object
Sharing/Role access:  If the object you are trying to view is set to "Private", ensure that you have sharing rules that grant your user/role/group visibility to that record.

All Answers

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
There are two main areas to check when you are trying to get visibility to a record:

Object/Field access:  In the profile, ensure that you have access to the object as well as the fields in the object
Sharing/Role access:  If the object you are trying to view is set to "Private", ensure that you have sharing rules that grant your user/role/group visibility to that record.
This was selected as the best answer
Jeet PadhyaJeet Padhya
Thanks Andy! OWD completely skipped my mind.
The OWD for this object was set has Private.
Unfortunately my org has triggers written on the object and hence does not allow me to change the OWD settings.