function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AladinCGAladinCG 

Unable to remove page layouts from a managed package

I uploaded a package to AppExchange (in my private listing) and just realized that I didn't want "Macro Layout" to be in my package.  I went to the Developer org to removed those page layouts from the managed package, but there wasn't a remove option on page layout in the package components.

Why can't I remove the page layouts?  Please help.
Thanks
Nirav
Best Answer chosen by AladinCG
AladinCGAladinCG
I have removed the Page layout from the Org and after removing the Layout I have uploaded the package again. and this solves my problem.
Or other option is Uninstall the package from all the org and than request Salesforce support to revert back the package, and upload the package again, it will also solvs the problem
Thanks
Nirav

All Answers

JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
Pretty sure there is no way to "remove" items from managed packages once you take it to a production org.  
AladinCGAladinCG
Hi Jeffrey,
but I haven't take the package to the production org, and there must be some way to remove the unneeded componants
Thanks
AladinCGAladinCG
I have removed the Page layout from the Org and after removing the Layout I have uploaded the package again. and this solves my problem.
Or other option is Uninstall the package from all the org and than request Salesforce support to revert back the package, and upload the package again, it will also solvs the problem
Thanks
Nirav
This was selected as the best answer
JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
good to know.  Thanks for the update. It would be good to mark you question as solved also.