function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christopher WeisChristopher Weis 

How to Get My 1st Jr Admin Job

Hello all,

I'm working towards my 201 certification and would like to start looking for Jr. Admin jobs.  The problem is that I've never been an Admin, so technically I have 0 years of practical Admin experience and I'm currently in an unrealted field (I'm a mortgage loan officer).  Every job posting I've read (on Indeed, Simply Hired, LinkedIn, etc) is requiring at least 2 years of Salesforce Admin experience, even for low-paying Jr. Admin or Admin assistant jobs.

It would stand to reason that before any given Admin became an Admin, they were not an Admin.  How were you able to get your 1st Jr Admin job if you got it after being in an unrelated field? (I do not have the time or resources to work for free at a non-profit for 2 years at this point in my career).

Thanks,

Chris
Sean BarczynskiSean Barczynski
Hi Chris,

In my professional experience, when a posting says something like "2 years experience," they'll take someone with no experience.  They put that there because they don't want people with no knowledge and no experience applying (though they still do).  If you're getting the certification and you're comfortable with the work and overall job description and requirements, I'd say go for it.  Anything that doesn't require more than 5 years of experience is worth the time to apply.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sean
William TranWilliam Tran
I agree with Sean that 2 years posting is pretty much the minimum, no one wants to publicly said they want someone with no experience.  

Having certification is qualification for Jr roles (or 2 years experience) so I would say go for it.

As an admin, the number one skillset needed is the ability to understand the issue and come up with suggestions/solutions.

Thx
kinal patelkinal patel
Replies from seniors really helpful for the junior... As I am facing the same problem I have healthy 9 yearsof exp in sales and client relation but only around 2 years as salesforce support and admin.

I already have my ADM 201 but thinking now how to get good oppurtunity .

Would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks
Kinjal

Ronald OlechRonald Olech
I am in a similar position, though I was unemployed from a layoff for almost a year prior to learning salesforce.  I did go the volunteer route to learn the basics, then I was able to secure a contract position as a consultant working mainly with non-profits. In November I had a year of experience and started actively looking for a full-time, better paying position.  I am getting calls back and 2 interviews so far, so even though I haven't landed anything yet, I know there are opportunities.  I just need to find an employeer willing to give me a little room to ramp up.  So I would say go for it too.  Good luck!

PS - I've got to give credit to a supportive spouse with a good job who has helped make this posible for me.
kinal patelkinal patel
Hi Ronald

you gave very good suggestion, please let me know if anyone is looking for the volunteer work. I would like to do it

Thanks
Kinjal

Anthony CaputaAnthony Caputa
I actually grew into the roll at my current job. You could easily customize Salesforce to help you as a Mortgage Loan Officer, once you've got it set up show it off to your boss and he might decide to get other people to use it, then it's just a matter of convincing him to let you continue to do the customization and admin work for it.
Brian_ParkerBrian_Parker
Hey guys, I am starting my training also and wanted to see how every one did with their job hunt. I have several years of admin experience, but I was never certified and did this more as a sales manager but I want to start a career in admin. Thanks!
sunil R Psunil R P
Hi Guys, i have completed ADM 201 and looking towards admin job , please suggest whether taking a certificate from certified salesforce institute is better or having a knowledge on salesforce ADM 201 is better to get a job. 
I dont have an experience in salesforce admin as i am new user for this , i have an experience in MIS reporting & salesforce User.

please suggest me the way to get in to ADM 201.
Thank you
Sunil
Arpan BhardwajArpan Bhardwaj

This is Arpan Bhardwaj from Arbh Infotech a Registered firm in India. We have an In-house Salesforce developers team with 10+ years of experience. The staff is Salesfoce certified.

We currently support few companies in India and also cater to the needs of Offshore Clients providing them Job Support. We work 24/7 for clients across the globe. Our pricing is fexible.

You can reach me at my whats app number US number (+91) 9557756376.   

Looking forward to hear from you.

Arpan Bhardwaj
+91 - 9557756376