function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nhan Nguyen NgocNhan Nguyen Ngoc 

Can NOT "Click to call" to 5 digit phone number

Hi all,

My contact has 5 digit phone number.I can NOT "click to call" these contacts. Do we have to fill in 9 or 10 or 11 digit phone number and salesforce does NOT support " click to call" to 5 digit phone number.

Thanks,
Nhan
Best Answer chosen by Nhan Nguyen Ngoc
Andrew SchellAndrew Schell

You should fill in the full number for your area, sometimes it is 9 or 10 digits or you have to dial 1 or 9 to get an outside line.

Let us know what pbx or voip system you are on so we can share protocol with the group for future learning.

Good qeustion.

All Answers

You should fill in the full number for your area, sometimes it is 9 or 10 digits or you have to dial 1 or 9 to get an outside line.

Let us know what pbx or voip system you are on so we can share protocol with the group for future learning.

Good qeustion.

This was selected as the best answer
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Avaya PBX such as Avaya Communication Manager and Avaya Session Manager. As i know, we have internal module on Salesforce to validate the phone number and number format related to only 10 and 11 digit numbers which are allowed by international call. How's about long distance call? See if i and my customer are located in the same country and difference state/province. So, there is no reason for us to make international call together by "click to call" from contact list.

Appricate your support so much.

Thanks,
Nhan
What software if any are you using within Salesforce to connect to the Avaya Communication Manager? Is this a localy installed software or is this an app for your web surfing that it highlights the phone numbers like my macbook pro does when my Iphone is in range?
If what I said was helpful please rate as answered or send me large bags of unsequential $20's :)
Only international call are allowed on phone format validation, right?

Thanks,
Nhan