function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sanchit DuaSanchit Dua 

Not able to edit Global Publisher Layout

When I click on edit link available at Global Publisher Layout, it throws an error as attached. Please help.User-added image
pconpcon
Can you provide the URL that is generated when you see this error page?  Are you trying to edit a default publisher action or a custom one?  If it's a custom one can you give some more information about how you created it and what it does?
Sanchit DuaSanchit Dua
Its all the standard behavior.
In my org to reproduce: 
Setup>Create>Global Actions>Publisher Layouts
This is the URL which is generated after I click on EDIT.
https://ap1.salesforce.com/setup/layout/layoutdnd.jsp?type=Global&lid=00h9000000NmuhH&e=1&retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2Flayout%2FPageLayouts%3Ftype%3DGlobal%26retURL%3D%252Fui%252Fsetup%252FSetup%253Fsetupid%253DGlobalActions%26setupid%3DGlobalPublisherLayouts&setupid=GlobalPublisherLayouts&_CONFIRMATIONTOKEN=VmpFPSxNakF4TlMweE1pMHdNbFF3TURvek56b3hOeTQyTkROYSxFM3hjb2NEaUlWSXB5SnMyRkpiLWNPLFpEZG1PRFpt
pconpcon
How many actions have you have on the layout?  It seems like this might be an issue when it gets too long / large.  You can just create a new layout, assign it to everyone and delete the old one.
Sanchit DuaSanchit Dua
I only have one action as follows:
Default Global Layout
Even if I create a new Global Layout:

New Global Layout

I get the following error:
New Global Layout

pconpcon
Can you try it without selecting the existing layout.  All that is doing is copying over the old layout and causing the same issue.
Sanchit DuaSanchit Dua
I'm still getting the same error if I create the layout as:

User-added image

Error:

User-added image
Sanchit DuaSanchit Dua
The interesting thing is, the layouts are getting created. But I'm not at all able to edit the layouts:

User-added image