function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dukeduke 

Maximum attachment size

Can anyone tell me, off-hand, what is the maximum size for an attachment upload?  I seem to recall being told it is1Mb, but I'm not sure.  I know this is a lame question, but I don't have the latest API docs for this.  Speaking of which, can anyone tell me where I can get the latest apI docs - also a lame question I'm sure?
adamgadamg
API Docs are available here - http://sforce.com/us/resources/api.jsp. We'll look into that max attachment size question for you.
DevAngelDevAngel
The maximum attachment size is 5 mb in general, for emails and solutions it is 1.5 mb .  Be aware that storage space comes at a premium and it doesn't take many 5 mb files to run into storage limits.
dukeduke

Thanks Dave.  I think I'll just stick with the 1.5 Mb limit.  BTW, Does the 1.5Mb refer to the data before base64 encoding it?  I assume so?

Duke

mike kreadenmike kreaden

The attachment body is limited to 5MB.  For email attachments, this is 1.5MB.

This refers to the Base64 encoded data itself.

--
Mike

Kumar SauravKumar Saurav
Hi Duke,

There is a limit from salesforce side for sending large size attachement.. Email services reject email messages and notify the sender if the email (combined body text, body HTML, and attachments) exceeds approximately 10 MB (varies depending on language and character set). In case you are looking for a larger file attachment you can go for 3rd party storage server for storing the file content as well as sending them over the email with large size attachment.
Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0