function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EricEric 

Insert new account through API

Hi,

I am using SalesForce API with the version 1.9 to insert new account into SalesForce, those

accounts do not display when I click the look up of the account under new

opportunity entity. But those new accounts do display in account entity. Does anyone

why can cause this problem? 

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

p.s: I am using xmlrpc calls.

Eric

mike kreadenmike kreaden

Eric,

The problem you are describing does not have anything to do with your inserting Accounts via the API.  The same behaviour can be found using the salesforce.com service (via browser).

When you click the magnifying glass icon (lookup control) next to the Account field on an Opportunity layout, we bring up a search window with the results of the initial query.  The initial query input value is defined as the value entered into the Account field.  For example, if you entered "a" into the Account field, and then clicked on the lookup control, the search accounts window would come up with all accounts starting with "a". 

In the event that you do not enter a value in the Account field (i.e., it is blank), and click the lookup control, the search accounts window would come up with a list of your key opportunities and most recently viewed opportunities as well.