function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuiceJuice 

User-Agent header for Partner Solutions and client name

The documentation mentions that you need to have a user-agent HTTP header for Partner solutions and also a "client name" argument for each call to salesforce.com.  How do I get one and also are there any samples of valid SOAP requests that incorporate these values?

Are these values necessary for just basic testing?

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Juice,

These values are not required for basic testing, ie using developer edition.  Also, it is not required if the solution is running on Enterprise edition.  These values are for Partner Solutions.  A Partner Solution is an application that is developed by a formal salesforce.com partner.  Partners are isv or consultants or integrators that have applied for formal partner status which represents a business relationship. 

Please see http://www.salesforce.com/us/partners/ for more info on our partner programs.

gregelandgregeland

Has there been any change in the way these values are inputted between older versions (ie, 1.9) of SFDC, and recent versions?  I'm assuming they're done the same way (a User-Agent:xxxxx/xxx header), or is there somewhere else that they must also appear, that I don't remember?

Basically, the reason I'm asking is we've run into an issue with a client using Professional Edition, where they can log in via my old software (using SFDC 1.9) but not the new software.  Part of the difficulty is that the new version is written in a different architecture (WebServices in C#) than the previous ones (hard-coded XML-RPC calls).

I guess the real question is, does anyone know how/where to put these values in WebServices/C#, in order for them to be properly generated on the final XML?  Any assistance is appreciated.  Apologies if this question is in the wrong forum, I simply replied to the only question like it I saw, which was here in General.

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell
It goes in the client element of the CallOptions SOAP header.