function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuiceJuice 

Still having problems with describe call and get server timestamp call

It looks like there have been some changes to sforce since Friday because my query calls are now working.  However, I still can't get the describe and server timestamp calls working.  I get an error about a missing version number, even though it is included in the SOAP request.  These calls were working last week, before the sforce site was updated on Thursday.  Are there plans to update sforce again to address these issues?

As a workaround, it would be great if someone could publish an accurate list of the column names in the various entities.  The 2.0 API documentation seems to be out of sync with the actual SOAP calls when it comes to column names for entities such as account, contact, opportunity, etc.

Thanks.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Juice,

What language are you developing in?  I am not seeing any problems with Java or Visual Studio.  This is important, so please let me know asap.

We are constantly exposing additional entities via the API.  Because of this, it is not possible to keep the API documentation up to date with the exposed schemas.  The describe call is very important also because of the sharing model feature of sforce.  The sharing model determines what entities and fields any particular user has access to and what the access is.  You cannot assume that a user has access to every field, therefore, you have to verify access using the describe call.