function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CovenantCovenant 

Problems when Case Queues are owners of case....

Hello,

I've a problem when trying to find an automatic way (via the XMLRPC API, using Python) to deal with the ownerID of a case when that ID refers to a "Case Queue".  What entity type should I use when querying on this ID?  I noticed that the referenceTo field calls for a type of 'user', so I assumed I should use the returned ID in queries for the 'user' type, but that does not work.

I'm stuck as I don't consider it a valid option to generate a local Case Queue ==> id map and use that.  That's pretty lame and can't last for long.  Another option would be to allow for multiple "Case Owners".  In that way, at least someone would get notified when I send an e-mail to them letting them know their case is fixed and ready for review.

In the most recent docs., you mention that queues are not accessible via the API.  When is that likely to change???  Will it change for both the XMLRPC and SOAP?  If I must go with the above mapping table, I will, but only for a very short time!

Other than this problem, I'm pretty happy with how the API is functioning.  I was able to add attachments to over 2000 cases last week in less than 10 minutes.  Not too bad!

Please let me know when/if you're going to expose the queue entity in the API as I imagine that they're going to be pretty common "owners" for our cases....

Thanks,

- Brendan

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Covenant,

We are planning to expose queues in our upcoming November release.  Until then, I suppose you will have to go with the alternate strategy.