function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ashannonashannon 

Example XML for post to API

I've got the API doc and have been reveiwing it, but still dont seem to be able to find an example of posting a lead like we're doing the WebToLead.  Right now we are doing an http post to the WebToLead page, but for some reason we're losing some posts.  I would like to post XML to the API, but I've not been able to find an example of the XML structure needed to submit a lead.  Is this setup somehow like the post the WebToLead?  I would SINCERELY appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Allen

DevAngelDevAngel

HI ashannon,

To "post" a lead I think you are saying you want to create a new lead, correct?  If that is the case you would use and insert call.  There are samples of the insert call available on the website. 

ashannonashannon

Thanks Dave.  That's exactly what I mean.  Can you tell me where this is?  I have not been able to find it.

I appreciate your help.

DevAngelDevAngel
What is you development environment?  We have sample messages in the documentation and sample code here http://www.sforce.com/us/resources/code.jsp.
ashannonashannon

I am developing in ColdFusion so i'll see if I can take one of these samples and work with it.  If anyone has a sample in ColdFusion I sure would like to take a look.  Thanks for your help DevAngel.

Allen

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi ashannon,

I believe cold fusion can use the Axis libraries for SOAP development.  There are a few sforce developers who are using cold fusion.  Check the boards to see if there is any info.

ashannonashannon

It looks like they're a good amount of people posting for info using coldfusion, but no replies of anything useful.  I'll continue to seach.

Thanks again.

CFMX_DEVCFMX_DEV
ashannon - Were you able to find any CF sample code? I could sure use some! Thanks!!
MX-DeveloperMX-Developer

I would love to see something as well. There are a lot of CF sites out there and if SF could come up with some example code to do good implementations I think there would be a lot of potential users.

Thanks