function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DubbGaineRDubbGaineR 

session id problems

Hi all,

I have a web integration link that passes the session id to my script, so i can make updates into my currently running salesforce instance (lets call my developer account A)

However, with this same integration link and script, on a DIFFERENT account (lets call it account B)... i get a

session id invalid or missing error.. (it's definitely not missing)

are there certain options enabled in my A account that is turned off in B's account (regular customer account)

thank you for your time

DevAngel2DevAngel2

Hi DubbGaineR,

Hmm...  I wonder if there is anything going on with cookies.  What is the target of the web integration link?  Are you trying to excercise the API on a Professional, Team or Personal edition?  If so, it won't work as the API is not enable for those editions.

DubbGaineRDubbGaineR

yea, i was trying the it on the Professional account.. and it worked on the developer account

hmm is there a way around this? or will the API work if i do a manual login with the API using the Professional Account username and password

Will the API works for those editions anytime soon?

thank you so much for the prompt reply!

DevAngel2DevAngel2

Hi DubbGaineR,

One of the main differentiators between our Enterprise edition and the other editions is API access.  The Developer Edition is a size and space limited Enterprise edition.  We will not be enabling the API for editions other that Enterprise.