function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CovenantCovenant 

Task describe response is not "right".

Hello,

I have several userland applications that I've written in Python XMLRPC to access and modify data on Salesforce.com.

Prior to the change this weekend, everything was working fine.

This morning user's started complaining about one of my scripts not working (Using Python with the 2.0 XMLRPC API). I logged in as one of them and discovered that one of the fields I need to update with this script ('ownerID' on a task entity) only had 'select' and 'filter' allowed in 'access'. If I log on as an admin., I don't see this issue. What's strange is that user's *can* log on and access/change this field via the Salesforce web UI. At the very least, I would expect this to behave the same via the web UI as it does via the API....

Just for the heck of it, here's the returned result of a describe call when I'm logged in as admin.:

{'byteLength': 15, 'nullable': False, 'label': 'Owner ID', 'field': 'ownerID', 'length': 15, 'referenceTo': 'user', 'type': 'string', 'display': {'type': 'reference'}}

...and here it is for one of the user's that is failing:

{'byteLength': 15, 'label': 'Owner ID', 'access': ['select', 'filter'], 'field': 'ownerID', 'length': 15, 'referenceTo': 'user', 'type': 'string', 'display': {'type': 'reference'}}

I suspected that there was something in our role definitions or permissions setup, but I no longer think that's the problem... Has anyone else seen this issue? Any timeline on a fix?
adamgadamg
There have been a few reports of similar issues; the team is working on a resolution and will provide additional information as soon as possible.
CovenantCovenant
Thanks Adam.

For now, I'm just re-directing these scripts to use an account with admin. priveleges.

- Brendan
CovenantCovenant
Adam,

Some more information.  I've been getting inconsistent task describe responses.  I think "some" of it was due to our over-exhuberant modification of the "master" task page layout, but I'm seeing inconsistent results.

Good news is that it looks like the 'ownerID' field now has the 'access' that match the layout.

I'll let you know if we hit any more issues.

Thanks,

- Brendan