function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sbasba 

Self Service Portal

I woiuld like to use some images on the Self Service Portal header and footer. Where will I put those images so that I can use them in the Header and Footer of Self service Pages.

If I give the address of our web server for the images, it is always coming up with the dialog box asking "This Page contains both secured and non-secured Items. Do yo want to display the non-secured items?

Please help.

hemmhemm
A Salesforce user has a secure connection to the application (using HTTPS).  I imagine your graphics on your own web server are being referenced via an insecure means.  Thus, the browser will warn the user.  You might be able to disable this warning in your own browser, but other users will receive it in their own browser.

One very cool thing you can do to avoid this is to load your images into a Documents folder in Salesforce and reference those records as the image location.  Images you upload to the Documents folder can be made publically accessible.  Follow these steps:

1. Create a folder in the Documents tab called "Self-Service Images" (or another name you choose)
  2. Upload your images as Document records.  You will need to do each image one at a time.  If you have a lot of them, you can use a program like Doc2Salesforce to help you do it faster.
  3. Each Document record should have the Externally Available Image flag checked.
  4. To use an image, go to its record in Salesforce.  You should see the image displayed.  Right Click on the image and select Copy Image Location.
  5. Paste that value as the reference to your image in your Self-Service HTML templates.
This is basically making Salesforce.com be your image file server for your Self-Service site.  Since Salesforce.com is storing these files behind a secure connection, you will not receive those errors.
hemmhemm
Also, if you are using the Page Layout Editor to edit your Header and Footer in Salesforce, it provides a mechanism for adding images in the Documents tab to your HTML layout without having to Copy Image Location.
sbasba

Thank you very much. I will try this.