function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mscherfmscherf 

Can't find how to get rid of 'Brought to you by' Home page component

A former employee set up our Home page with a partner based 'Brought to you by' logo component on our home page. How can I remove it?  There's no s-control or component I can see in the Home page layout. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
-- Mark
darozdaroz
It's a serious pain in the butt, but you could use the DOM model to find it and hide it... Depends on exactly what it is and how it's in there though.
mscherfmscherf
Daroz,

Thanks for your reply. Any idea how we got this blurb in the first place? I have no clue.

Thanks,
-- Mark
darozdaroz
I'm not sure... I've only seen those blurbs on Developer Edition accounts, not Paid accounts. (Not sure about non-profits).

Before you take my advice tho, I'd call Support and see why it's there and if they can remove it for you. If all else fails drop me an email (heretic (-a-t-) warped-minds(.)com) and I'll help you through it.
Ron HessRon Hess
When this happened to me (at a previous company)  I was able to call Salesforce.com Support and arange for them to remove this.
There are some home page components which are not placed there by the admin, instead are a hold over from previous partnership arangements.

Ron HessRon Hess
yes, i agree with Daroz :smileysurprised:,
 ( believe support can help )
darozdaroz

Ron Hess wrote:
yes, i agree with Daroz :smileysurprised:,
 ( believe support can help )

I'll send a copy of REM's "It's the End of the World (As We Know It)" over right away Ron. ;)