function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cwoodcwood 

Recurring events

I'd like to be able to query for events that are either one-time events or are "parent" recurring events (where IsRecurrence = true), which is to say I don't want to have all of the individual events created by a single recurring events returned. Is there a way to do this?

I almost suspect the IsRecurrence field wound up meaning the opposite of what it should have. If there were two fields: IsRecurring (true for the event that defines the series) and IsRecurrence (true for the events created by the series), it would be easy to perform the query I'm looking for.

Or am I just confused?

Thanks,
charlie
benjasikbenjasik
I believe you want IsRecurrence in conjunction with RecurrenceActivityId.

IsRecurring = True identifies "parent" recurrence rows RecurrenceActivityId = null identifies one-time events.
cwoodcwood

benjasik wrote:
I believe you want IsRecurrence in conjunction with RecurrenceActivityId.

IsRecurring = True identifies "parent" recurrence rows RecurrenceActivityId = null identifies one-time events.

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. (But like you, I think "IsRecurring" would be better than "IsRecurrence". :) )

Thanks,
Charlie

PS. http://spanningpartners.typepad.com/ssf/2006/05/subscribe_your_.html
DaGunsterDaGunster
After digging around I found ... this ...

"IsRecurring = True identifies "parent" recurrence rows RecurrenceActivityId = null identifies one-time events."

My question is: if I am inserting recurring events - via Apex and SOQL - what value if any do I put into the field RecurrenceActivityId ???

Thx.