function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter UchytilPeter Uchytil 

Execute S-control on lead conversion?

First off, I'm assuming I can't map related lists between Leads, Opportunities and Accounts. If I can, that's great! I must have missed it in the docs, but I don't think I can.

I have a number of lead lists to import. One column maps to a custom field describing any partners. For example, I might get a list from a reseller and I want to eventually associate that reseller to the Opportunity in the Partners related list when I convert the Lead. The only way I can think to do this (since I can't map a related list) is to have a custom field for Partners on the Lead and Opportunity records, and then have an S-control that looks at that custom field and creates entries in the Partners related list for the Opportunity (and Account) records.

It would be nice if I could have this S-control execute when the Lead is converted instead of requiring my users to click on a custom link after they convert a Lead.

Did that make sense? Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

Pete
ahsensaeedahsensaeed
what if you add a link to convert the lead through S-Control. We faced similar problem and sovled it by providing a link ( or a custom button ) on Lead page for conversion and in that s-control believe me any thing can happen :)
you can write me the details i may help
Peter UchytilPeter Uchytil
Thanks for the response and offer, Ahsen. I think that's probably going to be the way to go. I've started doing similar things already.

Pete