function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cailincailin 

Ability to define page layouts based on something other then user profile?

I would like to define multiple different layouts for the Case page layout based on the Type field.

E.g. If the Type = "Lost Password" I would like to show/hide/require different fields on the Case page layout then if the Type = "Item Not Received".

Is this possible?
hemmhemm
Currently, no.  However, record type is another way to change the page layout people see.  Basically, it's a matrix of Profile by Record Type that determines the page layout a user sees.  Through the UI, the record type can only be changed manually.  You could either use the Record Type field as your "Type" field.  Or you could write a script that periodically looks for specific criteria and automatically updates the record type accordingly.  Once that is changed, the Page Layout will change.

Maybe the future will allow Workflow to change the record type automatically for you.  However, this is currently not possible.
ahsensaeedahsensaeed
we faced similar problems. We solved it by taking the input on custom screen and setting the record type behind. if you can write the details may be i can help.