function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sparkysparky 

lookup relationship to Events?

Another thing I don't think is possible, but thought I'd ask.

Can I create a lookup from a custom object to Events (i.e. Activities of the event persuasion)?

I know I can indicate to use Activities with my object.  But this creates a one-to-many in the wrong direction for me.  Rather than having many events for one object, in this case I want to have many objects for one event.  And I'd need to see a related list of the custom objects when viewing an event.

Can anyone confirm the impossibility of this?

Thanks,
M.
wylieatworknzwylieatworknz

I am interested in this as well - we are trying to capture attendance against activities through a custom object and would like that to refer to an activity record. ()the vanilla functionality doesn't cut the mustard as it only records an activity against a contact should they accept the invitation sent from SFDC - we want to retrospecitvely go back and add attendees)

Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You can't make lookup fields to tasks or events. If you have Enterprise Edition, you can create an S-Control that could create events for an entire group of contacts. I think I saw something like that on the AppExchange, but I can't find it now. For Professional Edition, I don't think there's a way to get around that. Essentially, you need to have one event/task per contact to have it show up that way, or a custom link to a report that reports on event attendees to show the list of events a contact belongs to.

~ sfdcfox ~
wylieatworknzwylieatworknz
Many thanks for your help.  I think we will have to create a custom activity object then so that we can add multiple attendees....what a pain