function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta 

How to Make Product 100% Required for Opportunity

By using the Settings option, the Opportunity can configured so that for every new Opty entering a Product is  mandatory or required

But stlll there are chances that a person doesnt enters the product and still the opty gets created..

Suppose u save the Opty settings - now the save & add  button appears instead of save button ..So logically you will be redirected to product page as soon as you create a Opty. But in one of the pages to fill the product there is a cancel button ..which if u click u will be left with opty created and not the product underneath it.

Can any one hlp me on making product required for opportunity 100%
SaurabhRawaneSaurabhRawane
Dont think there is a way inside salesforce config to do that thing,but one thing you can try out is to have a inline S-control on the Oppty detail page,so that if the Oppty record has no product then invoke the Oppty Product Page and once u have some product for the Oppty then dont have that S-control to be invoked.

Hope i suggested u something to try out...if u find any other way then post it
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta
Good idea, but its decieving the user as actually the opty would be in place.

Lets elaboarate wht i understood

There will be a inline scontrol on opty detail page which will check whether there are any line items attached to it or not ...if not then it wil alert a msg and redirect to add line item page..

That means user wont be able to see Opty detail page if it doesnt holds a line item underneath it,though actually the opportunity will exists.

Ok lets see if i could find anything more