function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NordbergNordberg 

Scontrol initiate send email with built in template from email

I want to write a Scontrol that can be sent from the trigger of a workflow rule.  The scontrol link will automatically intitate the send an email function and select a specific email template and email it out with one click from the email.  I dont know how to really get started, does anyone have any ideas or possibly want to bid this project out please contact me at

jdnordberg@paramountequity.com

The ultimate goal of this is to send an email to a contact via workflow, but I have found no work around and if this is possible it is the quickest one click I could think of.

Thanks,

JD
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You can't trigger S-Controls in a workflow rule, but you could send the email using an S-Control (the AJAX toolkit). This would allow the user to easily send an email by actually clicking a button, or use a workflow field update to update a field that would notify the S-Control (embedded on the page layout), that it should send an email. Please note, however, that the API can't trigger S-Controls at all, so it is less reliable than an Outbound Message (see my other comment to you on this).

~ sfdcfox ~