function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
count5count5 

Custom Tab authentication problem

I have created a custom tab which is a URL pointing to my hosted application.  When I open the tab, I get my application's login screen, as expected.  After I login, my application takes me immediately back to my login page again instead of the requested page of the application.  The id/password is correct.  If I use the same URL in a separate browser (IE) window, it works fine. 

The application is ASP.Net 2.0.

Any idea why the authentication seems not to work when the application is loaded in a custom tab?

Thanks!
SuperfellSuperfell
The web tab is an iframe, and i believe your service needs to declare some p3p stuff for the browser to preserve your session cookies. (search the forums for p3p)
count5count5
Thanks, Simon!  That did the trick.
ClaiborneClaiborne
Just a random comment - Why are you making the user sign on again? Can't you store the unique salesforce.com userId in your application and then validate based on that. It is a much nicer user experience.
count5count5
Thanks for the comment... I agree with you, and I plan to make the experience easier for the user.  I was just trying to get the basic functionality working at first.  The authentication issue will still be there if I use SF user id's so it wasn't a wasted effort.