function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arasuarasu 

Any cool third party reporting tools?

Hi All,

With the existing reporting limitations with salesforce's "Reports Module",(such as cannot join more than 5 objects, cannot run outer join queries, etc) are there any third party reporting tool which is really cool and widely used with salesforce and which can be integrated with salesforce?

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
EMHDevEMHDev
I've used Crystal Reports.  I've managed to develop some very sophisticated reports, but I have to say that the technical support was hard to get and I had to use personal contacts to get help.  That said, it works very well and you can schedule large reports to run unattended so that users don't have to sit and wait, as I do find the complicated reports are slow.  They are hosted at crystalreports.com and it has to communicate with salesforce.com, not always very fast!

Hope that helps,
Erica
Jay_HunterJay_Hunter
I was at the San Diego user group meeting last week, and we had a demo from a company called LucidEra that demonstrated an enhanced reporting tool for salesforce.com.  It is geared primarily around sales metrics and reports, so it probably wouldn't work well for objects outside of the typical CRM objects.

https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000003hLoXAAU

Demo looked pretty cool!