function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
magdamagda 

Customer Object History own Tab

Hi,

i find how i can create a report regarding tracking Field.
I want to know if it is possible to ahve an extra Tab for this history.

Thx

Magda
UsamaUsama
Hi
When you enable history field tracking salesforce start the history tracking from enabling date.This history information has
relationship with the object so it comes as a related list and you can not customized it because history information is stored elese where.For creating customized tab you need to access the history tracking data store which is you can not do.
So you can not customized  the tab.

regards,
usama

magdamagda
Hi Usama,
is that also not possible with apex code? In the Database I have an object named customerObject_History__c, maybe i can create a Visual Force Page using Apex code and after that add this one as tab, or not?

Thx

Magda
UsamaUsama
Hi Magda,
              First of all currently the visualforce is only avaliable in the preview developer account.But If you are storing history in the custom object by apex code.then it can be displayed on the custom tab with the help of visualforce.And you can also use scontrol to display the information from the custom history object.

Regards,
Usama,

magdamagda
Hi Usama,

thx for this quickliy answer...
You said: "First of all currently the visualforce is only avaliable in the preview developer account."

Do you want to say that only developer are available to see this kind of pages? Or only available to build this kind of pages?
I can allready build this kind of pages, but in my organisation we are (on this time) only developers. That's why i'm not shure if the other role also see this kind of pages.

Thx

Magda
UsamaUsama

Hi

Do you want to simply know how to create custom tab for a custom  object? or i have answered your question

regards,

usama 

magdamagda
Hi,

I know how i can create tabs vor customers object. But to create a tab you have to select an object, and the histories are not on the picklist (cannot be selected).

And i want to have an history as a table and not only as a report.

Thx

Magda