function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshelmanmshelman 

Discussion Board makeover

Congratulations on the discussion board makeover, it is a considerable improvement. At least it is now possible to navigate from the first page of a thread directly to the second page of a thread without going back to board's main page.

However there is still the problem of threads which receive new messages after a period of inactivity. ONE such thread will appear as the featured thread on the main Discussions page but the thread itself does not move up in the sorting order of threads on the board. Thus it is possible to have a situation where a thread is marked with today's date but is three or four pages back in the discussion forum.

A suggested solution to this problem is to show two date columns on the thread listing pages instead of just one: the created date and the last message received date and then sort the threads by last message received instead of, as now, created date.  Otherwise we have no way of knowing that a thread started two weeks ago has received a new message. It seems that many forums use a similar practice.

As for the Search function on the boards it is seriously out of whack. I've used it in the past quite a bit and it worked pretty well but now I can run Google searches that find messages on the board that cannot be found through the Salesforce Search function. And many of the result links returned go to a forum page rather than to the particular message found.

Mike
SuperfellSuperfell
Under board options you can choose between having the messages sorted by thread start date, or by latest post date, i think this solves one of your problems.
mshelmanmshelman
Excellent, thank you Simon