function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SebSeb 

Custom object, converted lead and opportunity relationship problem.

Hi all;

I hope someone could help me on this one. Let’s say I want my lead to download a white paper on my website. Every time a lead downloads a whitepaper I want to associate the lead to the paper and to the download action itself and track this information in my custom reports. 

So I have created one custom object called "WhitePaper", and it contains custom fields such as "Title", “Author”; etc.  I have another custom object called “Download” which contains fields such as “Download Date”, “Special Offer” etc. This “Download” custom object is linked to the “Lead “and to the “WhitePaper" object with lookup fields.

I would like to track some of the following elements in my custom reports:

The lead generated by white paper
The opportunity generated by whitepaper
The revenue generated by whitepaper

The problem is that the information of the custom objects ‘WhitePaper’ and ‘Download’ associated to the lead are not carried on to the contact when the lead is converted into a contact / account. So i'm not able to track “opportunities by whitepaper” in my reports for example.

Here’s how my custom objects look like:

Object ‘WhitePaper’
Paper Title
Paper Author

Object ‘Download’
Download Date
Special Offer
WhitePaper (lookup with custom object ‘WhitePaper’)
Lead (Lookup with leads)

Opportunity (Lookup with opportunities)

I've tried to link both object to account, contact and opportunities with lookup fields, but none of that would allow me to carry on the information to the contact once the lead has been converted.

Has anyone an idea on how I could do to make sure the custom object info are automatically carried on from the lead to the contact when converted?

Thanks.