function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JohnVJohnV 

E2C Closed Case Reopened by eMail?

Is there a way to configure E2C to reopen closed cases when case email hits the case after its close?

Our business problem is as follows:

Sometimes team members are absent [sick, travel, etc]. During such absence, we have a need to know of email activity tied to that person's cases. This is not a problem for open cases since they are easily identified and transferred (ownership). My thought is if we could set a global rule where all case email triggers reopening a case if that case is closed, it would solve this problem.

MiguelGuerreiroMiguelGuerreiro

I believe this will be a feature of the next salesforce version.

Miguel

kocampokocampo

I have this issue, was this ever resolved?

miguelguerreiro@live.commiguelguerreiro@live.com

Hello,

Yes, you can create a workflow rule on Email Messages to trigger each time a new one is created and the case is closed. Add an immediate action to change status to Open.

kocampokocampo

But what if the email is an auto reply; we don't want the case to reopen then. Can you include screenshots of what that workflow rule would look like?

viletuskviletusk

This is what I have, but I can't cover all "auto reply" messages.

(Email Message: Is Incoming EQUALS True) 
AND 
(Case: Closed EQUALS True)
AND
(Email Message: Subject DOES NOT CONTAIN Out of the Office, Auto Reply)

ve krve kr
HI,
Is there a way to configure E2C to reopen closed cases when case email hits the case after its close.

The User given the reply for particular Groups and he close case.An email automatically come back to us and reopen closed case.I attached a screenshots .
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Thanks,
ve krve kr
Hi,
Please provide solution for this issue

Once user given the reply for particular users and he close the case.He will automatically get the mail to us and case will be reopend automatically.

Thanks,
VK