function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wilbur07wilbur07 

Related Lists

How do you modify [add] related lists?
RickyGRickyG
wilbur07 -

If you mean how to you add a related list to an object, you simply create a relationship from a child object to that object - the related list will automatically appear in the parent tab.

If you mean how to you modify the appearance of a related list, go to the Page Layout for the parent, select the Related List you want to change, and click on Edit properties.

Hope this helps.
wilbur07wilbur07

Okay, I'm a newbie here at salesforce.

I'm trying to create a list of terms and conditions for products in the opportunities object.  Can you step by step show me how to add this list to the Opportunity Related Lists menu on the page layout for Opportunities?

When you say relate a child object to a parent object [such as Opportunities] where exactly does this happen?  I have created an object called Terms and Conditions and it's really just an extension of the Product object, a list of which is kept in another object related to Opportunities [I don't know which].

It would be nice if I could put it in the Opportunity Related Lists section so I can add it after Stage History Related List.

Your help is appreciated.

James

wilbur07wilbur07
Do you mean that by adding a custom lookup field that makes a child-parent relationship?  I created a new object called terms and conditions and in the Product object I created a lookup field on Terms and Conditions but in the page layout the Product related list didn't include Terms and Conditions like you said.

As I mentioned, I'm very new here at salesforce.com.  Could someone help me add to the Opportunities related list a list of Terms and Conditions of the list of Products associated with an Opportunity?

James