function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lsatonylsatony 

Case Page Layouts in Self-Service Portal

Hi,

How can I have different Case page layouts appear in the self-service portal? 

Basically, we're looking to develop a few different Case page layouts w/ custom fields for different clients.  We would want these page layouts to appear for different customers when they login to the self-service portal.

I spoke w/ SF basic support & they said it would reqire some custom html coding, which i'm capable of, but I'm not sure where to start.

Please let me know if you have any insight on how to go about this.

Thanks!!!
werewolfwerewolf
Unfortunately the self-service portal supports only one set of layouts.  I don't think custom HTML coding would help you much here, I'm not sure why basic support said that.  The reason is that all SSP users share a single profile, and since layouts are assigned by profile, there can be only one (as the highlander would say).

The shiny new Customer Portal supports as many layouts as your heart desires, however, since you can have a different profile for each client if you so choose.
lsatonylsatony
Thanks Werewolf:)

How do I access the Customer Portal?  Is this something different than the self-service portal?

thanks again,
-t
werewolfwerewolf
Being as Customer Portal is much more feature-packed than the SSP, you have to buy Customer Portal user licenses -- that's why you can't see it right now.
SuperSayan69SuperSayan69
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a customer support with Salesforce. At this time I have just look at the Self-Service Portal but I am interested by the Customer Portal at least to compare both solutions.
I have two questions :
- My company have the Unlimited Edition of Salesforce, does it mean that the Customer Portal is free? (included in the package)
- Which rights do I need to be able to set up and manage this portal ?

Thanks,

Jeff
werewolfwerewolf
- My company have the Unlimited Edition of Salesforce, does it mean that the Customer Portal is free? (included in the package)

No, you still have to purchase additional Customer Portal licenses.

- Which rights do I need to be able to set up and manage this portal?

Generally, you need the Customize Application permission in your profile.  You also need at least 1 Customer Portal license in order to create or modify a customer portal.
SuperSayan69SuperSayan69
OK, thanks a lot for your informations.

Jeff