function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fruser.ax29fruser.ax29 

API not enabled for Partner or organisation

Hi,

I tried the quick start for java and  I used an enterprise account, I was able to login and get accounts (menu item 1 and 2) But when I tried to update an account (which was created by the same user[system admin] with whose credentials I logged in through web services) I get a error saying API not enabled for Partner or Organisation.

I modifed the code a little and was able to even query tasks and other entities. So is it by default that I am able to query all objects but if I need to update objects we need some other level of subscription or license.

Also as a system Admin I dont see any links in "setup" section to download WSDL for our organization. I see these links when I login to the sforce accont that I have. So how do I get to this WSDL for our organization, is it again a question of upgrading our current license or isit just a matter of getting it activated.

Thanks

fruser

fruser.ax29fruser.ax29

Also one more observation

When I use the same user name and password as I did in my earlier post, with version 2.0 of the API i get the API not enabled error at the time of login. I am a bit confused about two different behviours with two versions of API  with same login credentials.

Thanks

fruser 

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi fruser,

First, do you have any problems using the sforce (Developer Editon) account that you signed up for?

Second, is your production account an Enterprise account or a down level account (Professional or lower)?

The api is only available to customers that have the Enterprise version.  If you have enterprise version then the sharing and permissions model in the application are applied to API actions as well.

fruserfruser

I get no errors when I try the "quick start" demo with my sforce developers account.

On your second question I believe we might have a professional account. But whats a little confusing is that with new API I can login and query objects and cannot update an account. But with old API 2.0 I was not able to login even. Any comments on why this is happeneing.? Is this everbody having a query access a new feature of new API 2.5 or a transition glitch which will go away in few days. I mean should I rely on being always able to query for objects from my down level account.

Thanks

fruser

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi fruser,

I am going to test out the api on a Pro account.  It should not work.  You can count on this being fixed (all access removed from down level accounts) as soon as it is verified.

Cheers

fruserfruser
DOH!!  :-)