function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kevincarkevincar 

General Implementation Q:

Hi All,

This isn't germain to a particular development language, so I'm posting the question here.

My company would like to be able to search on an account's "Agent Number", which is currently a "custom field".   Unfortunately, when they enter the agent number value in the search box, they consistently get "no records found".  Can anyone advise me on either of these possibilities:

1. Is there a way to tell the salesforce.com search engine to ALSO search for the "Agent Number" custom field when entering this in the search field?

2.  When I run my daily batch update, can I populate the "ticker Symbol" field (currently unused on my site) with the agent number; and if I do, will it be searched by the search engine?

I know I can tell my people to pullup the "advanced search" options, but this is not obvious to them, and therefore becomes (for lack of a better term) "politically problematic."

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi kevincar,

The sidebar search in the App is a fairly specialized addition.  It is meant as a quick and easy way to locate data using incomplete information about the item(s) being searched for.  So, the parameters of what is searched is fairly static and applies to all customers.  This means that only standard fields can be indexed for sidebar searching. 

If the agent number where in the Account's name "Coca Cola (45664)" or something like that, the sidebar search would work.

The ticker symbol idea will work too.

Cheers