function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VinnieBVinnieB 

Couple of questions about Solution objects

1. I was displaying Case data via the API and wanted to show the Solutions associated with a particular case.  I couldn't see anything about the Solution in the Case object or vice-versa.  I notice from the standard GUI that this appears to be a many-to-many relationship.  Thus, we need access to the MTM table to show these.  Any ideas/comments?

2. I remember before seeing something about putting your knowledgebase (your solutions) online in a searchable format for your customers.  What would you recommend as the best way of doing this?  Is there a way to do this via the API?  Is there a traditional (i.e. non-API) method for doing this?

THANKS!! 

VinnieBVinnieB
DOH!  I just found the CaseSolution object.  I'm sure I can take it from there.  So consider question number 1 answered. 
ArmanArman
I have downloaded the content of tables (case,casesolutions & solutions) into my own tables. I thought that there is a one to many relationship between the case object and the solutions object through casesolutions object. however the ids in the casesolutions object associated with the CaseID and SolutionID fields do not match the CaseNumber and SolutionNumber in the case and solutions table.

Any help is appreciated.
SuperfellSuperfell
relationships will always be to the Id field in the foreign object. (so CaseId will match an Id value in Case)