function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kadevkadev 

self-service question

Is there any way to add additional custom content to the self-service pages?  
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi kadev,

You cannot add custom content to self-servce pages with the API.  Check the online help for how to do it in the app.

kadevkadev

I'm sorry if my question was not clear.  I did not mean via the API, I was wondering if there was any way at all.  In the online help there does not seem to be a way.  Like for example you can not add a web integration link to these pages.  Is there some functionality that I am missing? 

It seems that many customers want to use the sales force self service together with their own customer portal.  An suggestions on how to do this with a single sign on?  How to combine the information and then there is the issue of where to store the user/password info.

Any tips on how to implement this are appreciated.  Perhaps this is a question more for sales engineering then development? 

adamgadamg
No sure if we have the answer here for you, but you could consider "emulating" CSS by:

- Creating/managing user identities in your portal, and reflecting those identities in a contact record. For example, you could manage passwords on your portal, and create a link/key to a contact record via email address.

- Create your own forms for managing and creating cases via the API; when a new case is created, look up the appropriate contact id to assosiate with that case so that you have a link between your portal's identity, the contact record in salesforce.com, and the new case.

You can think of CSS as a simple/lightweight and easy to implement self service portal. For more advanced functionality, you may be better off building your own. (Not a huge effort, but definately more work.) I'm not sure if/how we expose solutions via the API, so that would be something else to check.

Does that make sense? It may also be worth a call with your SE/Account Manager, who in turn and pull one of us from the sforce team in to assist as appropriate.